Sunday, March 29, 2015

Slow Cooker Taco Meat

Yes I know I've failed you all again. But what with job interviews and family visits since my last post I think it's understandable.

Original recipe credit to Skinny Ms blog 
 http://skinnyms.com/slow-cooker-mexican-shredded-beef/

What you'll need:
A crock pot
2 Lbs Chuck Roast
3 cloves of Garlic, minced
1 bunch of Cilantro, finely chopped
1 bunch of Green Onion, chopped
1 Jalapeno Pepper, seeded & chopped
1 8oz can Tomato Sauce (this is not pasta sauce, salsa or tomato paste)
Juice of 1/2 Lime


Get your crock pot out so you can put all your ingredients in as soon as they're ready. Chop up your green onion, cilantro and jalapeno. Divide your onion and cilantro in half. Spread half your onion and cilantro along with your garlic in the bottom of your crock pot.


Lay your meat on top of your other ingredients then top it with the tomato sauce, lime juice and left over onion and cilantro.


Place the lid on your cooker and cook your dinner on high for 4-5 hours or low for 8. 


When your time is up shred your beef and enjoy.


I used my Taco meat to make a taco salad but it's just as good on hard or soft shells.


Always a big fan of crock pot recipes, especially ones as easy as this. This recipe warrants 5 stars The original recipe calls for more spices which I left out. The spices would definitely be good but the dish stands on its own without them. I'll leave the spiciness up to you.

I don't believe you if you don't believe me anymore but I'll see you later this week for more dinner ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment