Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Spinach and Artichoke Mac & Cheese

Instead of trying to think of something to write I'll leave you all with a song that says everything.


Origional Recipe credit to Budget Savvy Diva

What you'll need:
1 box Pasta of your choice
3 Cloves Garlic, Minced
1 1/2 cup Plain Yogurt or Sour Cream
3/4 cup Parmesan Cheese
2 cups shredded Cheese of your choosing (once again I used casserole mixed)
1 14 oz Artichoke hearts; drained, rinsed and chopped
2 hand fulls fresh Spinach or 1 10oz frozen Spinach, thawed


Preheat your oven at 425 F. Boil and drain your pasta. While its cooking mix your yogurt, Parmesan cheese and garlic.


Once your pasta is done and drained, mix your noodles and 1/2 your shredded cheese into your yogurt mixture.


Spread your noodles into a 9x13 baking dish and cover with the rest of your cheese.


Bake for 15 minutes or until the top begins to brown.


This recipe is another quick and dirty one but it easily earns 5 stars. It's great if your craving spinach and artichoke dip but want to avoid the high calories. Next time I might add some sort of meat: chicken, bacon or ham. Also I didn't chop my artichoke hearts this time around but I see the importance of doing it. My hearts were way too big but still good. 

Hope you enjoyed the song.

No comments:

Post a Comment