Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Easiest Chicken Bake Ever

It's funny how I find encouragement and insight in notes I've left myself in various places. For example, my Skype updated this week and as a result I was forced to read over my profile. This blurb was quickly written about three years ago and then its existence promptly forgotten. It was the quote underneath my profile picture that jumped out at me amid the outdated personal information. The simple two lines had no context and no author credited, though I'm sure it came from some author I had been admiring at the time. Here it is:

The journey of faith cannot be made without rest and peace. Faith depends upon our capacity to rest in the nature of God.

Well then

Original recipe credit to Stove Top by Kraft http://www.kraftrecipes.com/recipes/bruschetta-chicken-bake-65546.aspx (if you get lost while making this dish, the recipe is right on the back of the Stove Top box)

What you'll need
2 Chicken Breasts, cubed
1 box Kraft Stove Top Chicken Stuffing Mix
1 14.5 oz can Diced Tomatoes (do not drain)
1 cup Shredded Cheese of your choice
2 cloves Garlic, minced
1/2 cup Water


Mix your water, tomatoes (with juice), stuffing mix, garlic and any additional spices you want together in a medium size bowl.


Place your chicken in the bottom of a greased 9x9 dish. Spread your stuffing mixture evenly over the top of your chicken. Top with any additional cheese or spices.


Bake at 400 F for 30 minutes. Your chicken should be done and the top of your stuffing should be crispy.


This recipe is great for any night that you may be running late or for any office party that you need something equal parts easy and impressive. I've made this a couple times now and it never fails. 5 stars


No comments:

Post a Comment